Followers

Friday, July 30, 2010

Entering another new month

Wow, today is the last day of July. Tomorrow is August. (Duh and DUH!)
I know it's a cliche, but time really does fly.
When I was here in April, I wondered how I would think about my trip a certain amount of months in... now I'm here and I feel like it went by too quick!

An update for you bloggers..
After much thought and prayer, I've decided to stay here another month! :)
There are many reasons for it but I really do love everything here and I have the opportunity so.. I want to make the most of it. It's a tremendous privilege being here and ... I am just really glad to be here. So, instead of September, I will be back in October.
The process in making the decision was kinda long and stressful at times but I really have learned a lot through it, especially what a wonderful family I have. I respect and love my

So, I must say I am quite sorry for the lack of updates.
It has been a very very busy month with guests and many missions teams here and hosting them, with our other ministries still ongoing at the same time..
Then there was a certain time where I got sick and got hospitalized.. bummer.
This past week, I got to start teaching English to the seminary here (AECS)... it's a privilege and also very good time just to share what little I know with them and hopefully benefit them.

Right now, with my students, I'm going through the topic of sin and salvation with my students. Many of them know the common answers like Jesus saved them and to go to heaven, they need eternal life... but I've been trying to go really in depth and put things in a way that they can understand. I tried to help them understand the idea that they cannot save themselves by giving the image that we are all drowning in the middle of the Indian Ocean (cause you know we're in India...), with no land in sight and you can see a light in the distance. Now, you have a choice... you can try and swim with all your might to some sort of safety from drowning.. or you can call out to help where the light is (cause you know Jesus is the light..). So I presented this choice to the students and I was like, what's the smart choice? It helped me teach them that trusting in their own selves for salvation will get them nowhere. They have heard so long about sin and salvation, since they have heard it for so many years but I really wanted them to know the severity of sin and how much they needed to be saved from it, not by anything in them but from the one and true Savior, Jesus.

My students are awesome though.
I don't know if I wrote this in a previous entry... but really, there is nothing like the smile of a St. Paul School student. I pass by so many of them everyday, before school starts or walking to the class I'm teaching, or in my classrooms, or after school or wherever on the street... man when they smile, it melts my heart. These kids are seriously so precious not only in my eyes, but more so in God's eyes.
Now.. there are some naughty kids. So, I have to be a little tough with them but overall, I am just so happy to be around these students...
In my heart, St. Paul School is #1 in the WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I'll stop talking.
Here's some pictures from the last month or so.
Enjoy!
Feel free to ask me any questions if you're curious! :)

Dancing with the students at Sunday School worship!
Although I do not dance well, it is still fun :)
Hahaha one of the Sunday School children memorizing Scripture with motions :)
I believe he is memorizing Proverbs 3:5
Some of the students from my math and english classes came out to Sunday worship!
(Plus, one of the short-term missionaries in the back.. he's a funny fellow)
So..... many...... students!!!!!!! :)
One of the missions teams from Korea with the St. Paul School band and missionaries :)
Hahahahaha this kid is awesome!!! I'm digging those shades
A couple of my 4th standard students learning some wonderful math :)
Hyunwoo, he's like the younger brother I never had but always wanted :)
When I was sick in the hospital.. he was there too! Cause he had the same exact thing, haha.
A wonderful brother in Christ :)
Our awesome brothers and sisters from ANC did some great ministry here!
They spent about a week mentoring and leading select students from 9th standard.
The disciplers and disciplees! (<-- are these real words?.. haha)
This is the only picture I could find of me. What a (insert your own word) face.
I would say... stinky :)
After every assembly, where they gather all the students to welcome the guests...
All the guests must shake hands.. with all 2000 students! That sure is a lot of times to say "Good morning!" and "Jesus loves you!" hahaha













One of my 4th standard students came to the office randomly one day...
and gave me this! Seriously... these kids are so precious.
I have never been an happier uncle :)


Some of the 9th Standard students at Sunday Worship! Some awesome kids :)
My 8th Standard boyeeees! :) LOVE THESE BOYS!


A lot of pictures of the students... but that is really where a big part of my heart is!
Their smiles and eager desire to learn ... St. Paul School, #1 in India!
I will try and post more pictures soon!

Continue to pray for the ministry here and also for myself, that I would be an effective and useful servant for the work God gave me to do here. If you could, please pray that my teaching to the students at St. Paul School and AECS (the seminary here) would be effective and that God would use it for His glory :)

Off I go now..
Catch ya later!

Jimmy

3 comments:

johncadengo said...

HAHAHA to James Uncle!

How nice :)

ChosenCho said...

another month huh?!
you're a godly man mr james

looks like ruth may have a little teacher crush on you - hahaha

if you ever bump into Shalome (i think she's in 7th grade now) - tell her uncle Cho says hi!

Uaramazing said...

This is too cute! Uncle jammie!