Followers

Monday, June 14, 2010

God is Good, All the Time!

Namaste! (Hello!)

Truly, God is good... all the time. All the time, God is good.

My main focus these days has been on teaching my St. Paul School classes.
Although it is only for 30-40 minutes in the morning, it is still an important and awesome time!
Teaching has been such a privilege and joy.. it really is the best part of my day!
I'm currently going through my second set of lessons with my classes, which is on the doctrine of God and what He is like. I have a few classes where I just get a lot of blank faces.. but I have a few classes where everyone is geared in to what is being taught. It's a work in progress but I am definitely praying daily that the words and lessons I teach wouldn't just go in one ear and out the other but really sink in their hearts and would really impact and pierce their hearts and minds!

Today, I started reading "The Five Points of Calvinism" by David Steele, Curtis Thomas and S. Lance Quinn. MAN, this is good stuff. I highly suggest it to you all to read! :)
One quote I'd like to share comes from J.I. Packer, "For to Calvinism there is really only one point... the point that God saves sinners."
THAT IS THE TRUTH! That is why I'm here in India... why I am teaching these students from Scripture, why I believe in the Gospel. I was saved and therefore I hope to share this message with as many others as I can, that they would be saved also :)

I shall share a few pictures with ya'll :)
Enjoy!!! Pictures always are worth a thousand words... PLUS MORE!


So, on Saturdays, the students get to dress up in their colored uniforms...
It's really nice to see because they're not all wearing the same thing for one day at least.
I might have to get me one of these uniforms and blend in with them.. hahaha :)
One of my students that I taught last summer... now he's in 2nd standard(grade)!
He grabbed me and he was like "Teacher James!"
Definitely couldn't forget his face... he was one of those kids who kept running up to me during my lessons, haha.
Hahaha, I found this really funny...
One of the students was teaching her classmates. She was pretty serious too..
Education is no joke!
Hakyung and Hyungjin... two of the missionary kids.
They are a bundle of energy and joy.. that never runs out, haha.
One of my 10th standard classes singing songs.
Every morning, to start the day, they sing at least 2-3 songs.. pretty cool!
Ongoing construction at St. Paul School!
Here they're concreting/cementing the surface!
I wish I knew more about what's going on... haha oh well.
It's cool to just look at!
We watched the Korea vs. Greece game with fellow missionaries and church members...
This is after Korea's second goal.. look at the happiness on their faces!
I didn't realize how exciting soccer is.. GO KOREA!!!! :)
Teaching our Sunday School children about why we sang the VBS Song "Power"
and talking about God's power! :)

And.. I'd like to end with a song that's been on my heart lately.
It's a classic, old-school song that never loses its meaning or power!

"God sent His Son, they called Him Jesus
He came to love, heal and forgive
He lived and died to buy my pardon
An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives!

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow
Because He lives, all fear is gone
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living, just because He lives"

AMEN! :)

Please continue to pray for St. Paul School.. for every classroom, student and teacher... so that the school would be used to raise up men and women of God who believe in Jesus Christ and the grace that He gives so freely!
Please also continue to pray for AECS and all the preparation ongoing... for all the professors and all the students that are coming. They'll be here starting in about 2 weeks!!! Wow, how time flies.

Until next time,
I hope all of you are well! :)
May God continue to reveal more and more of His never-ending love to you, that you may go forth and share that blessing with others and bless them!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

1. i LOVE those colorful uniforms, they make me happy.
2. you should totally get one. hahah kids, XL.
3. missionary james's daughterrr is looking just like her mama (susan.. right?)

Unknown said...

oh and 4. the construction -reminds me of house of sarang =)

Unknown said...

see people do actually read! HAHA. jammmie i love the uniforms there! i think you should get me one. LOL jk. the classrooms looks like the classrooms america had in like the 1500's! SO COOOL!

anyways, know that i am praying for you!

p.s. i'm always waiting for you to update!

Anonymous said...

:) God IS good ALL the time!

Uaramazing said...

Jams! :)

I saw these pictures in your email! :)
Those kids are so cute! Especially the girl that was teaching her classmates!

Don't get sick!

ChosenCho said...

rofl
koreans are korean soccer fans even in india in the midst of missionary work =]

i love the people GOd made =] hahaha

its so good to see them so happy about a soccer goal =]